Friday, January 27, 2012

Honey Whole Wheat Cookies

1 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup honey
1 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs

1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup  wheat germ
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt

Use a combination of all or some of the following to a total of 2 cups-

raisins
shelled unsalted  sunflower seeds
chocolate chips

Cream butter.  Beat in sugar and honey.  Add vanilla and eggs.  In another bowl combine rolled oats, wheat germ, flours, soda, salt.  Add to butter mixture and mix well.  Stir in raisins, sunflower seeds and chocolate chips.

Drop by spoonful onto greased cookie sheets.  Bake in 350 degree oven 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.  Makes about 60 cookies.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Penny here, Mindy's SIL. Just made these and devoured them! And I don't even feel too guilty since they have good stuff in them. I didn't have enough to make 2c of extras so I threw in some coconut. Yum.
    Mindy shared your blog with me when you posted breakfast quinoa. THAT has become a staple in our house! I make it with almond milk, which means I can add less sugar, and I heap on almonds and walnuts. Even my husband loves it and now makes batches of it to eat after his early am spin classes. Hope you don't mind me creeping and thank you for these great recipes!

    ReplyDelete