Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Play Dough Perfection

With all of the play dough recipes on the internet, none compares to my mother-in-law's recipe.  I am the play dough mom this year for T-man's class and I make 5 batches of this stuff each month.  Each month coordinates with the colour they are studying.  One batch makes a nice amount for 1 or 2 kiddos.  Nothing beats the feeling of warm, freshly made dough squishing between your fingers.  Okay, I'll admit it...  I still LUV play dough.

1 cup flour
1/2 cup salt
1 cup water
1 tbsp oil
2 tsp cream of tartar
food colouring

Mix all ingredients in a pan.  Heat and stir until thick and rubbery.  Knead on the counter for a few minutes.  Put in sealed containers to store.
T-man and his FAVORITE alone-time activity with Mom while E-man is at school and Miss Reegs is napping.

Don't you want to create?  I can never resist the call of playdough.

Rolling, stamping, makin' snakes and cakes!

Green Playdough was the colour T-man chose for December, I wonder why?



Love Twin B
xoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment