Saturday, November 20, 2010

Extended Weekend

We found an extra day this weekend!  Daddy is home sick after "catching" what the littles were sick with last week.  Which meant that he came home early on Friday and didn't go to work on Saturday!  Wow, I feel like tomorrow is Monday, not Sunday.  I'll take it.  I feel bad that he is not up to snuff, but I'm not complaining in the slightest that he is home!  This morning, before the little little and I headed off to our weekly Baby & Mommy Yoga class, I was able to pull off the Apple Pancake breakfast.  It has become an almost every Sunday morning feat.  We are still enjoying the apples from the Cornell Orchards.

This morning's pancake.  It looks different every time we make it.  I think it depends on how much "help" I get making it.  The definition of truly "homemade" is in the love part right?  xxoo

While the "pancake" was in the oven, I noticed we had three bananas on the counter that were on their last legs and quickly whipped up some muffins.  These banana muffins are so good.  We have fond memories of the MANY MANY times that we ate these muffins hunkered down at one of the zillion swim meets that we participated in in our childhood!  Thank you Mom for the muffin memories and thanks to Dad for the encouraging "whistle" (xxoo).  This recipe was adapted from The Company's Coming Series.

Banana Chip Muffins

1 3/4 flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 TBSP baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips

1 egg
1/4 cup cooking oil
1/4 cup milk
3 medium mashed bananas

Measure dry ingredients into a large bowl.  Mix.  Make a well in the center.
In small bowl, beat egg until frothy.  Mix in cooking oil, milk, and bananas.  Pour into well.  Stir only to moisten.  Batter will be lumpy.
Fill muffin tins (I use paper cups) 3/4 full.  Bake in 400 degree oven for 20 to 25 min.  Makes one dozen.

This "extended" weekend started nicely on Friday morning with a walk through the woods with our pals.  We love this walk, takes about 2 hours start to finish.  My California side almost "flaked out" at the first sight of the snow coming down, but my NY buddy Mackenzie convinced me that we should gear up the kids in their snow suits, load up our double strollers and head out.  Super glad we did.  All that fresh air (and chatting! xxoo) does wonders for the Mommy-brain and 'tude.  Here are some highlights...

The South Hill trail.  Trust me, it is not all this flat...  This picture makes it look like a breeze and gives no credit to my sore legs and back!

The big little with his feather art project from the Art Jump Start Program he started this week.

Cold nose.

Trapped in four layers of clothes...

She can still makes raspberries in the cold!

The swing works.  "Cold hands Mommy!"

Wheeeeeeee!

Car ride home!  Fresh air "happy".

"Fun".

Fresh air "tired"xxoo


1 comment:

  1. Love the bundled babes! Miss you guys! I would have loved to take that walk with you!

    ReplyDelete