Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Dreaming of San Diego

So we have been missing our friends in San Diego the last few weeks.  A lot of our big little's buddies became siblings over the last month or so.  We are missing all the new snuggles with all of those adorable bubs.  Dreaming about the warm weather, our days at the beach and zoo and most of all, the giggles with our pals.  My big little spontaneously said yesterday without prompting, "Hummm, where's friends, where are you Diego?".  So sweet.  We looked at pictures of our sunny state buds, and we cooked these pork carnitas up for dinner.  Yum.  I'm not a big pork fan, ask my hubby who loves BBQ pork chops, I rarely cook pork, but I have to say, these were SO SO good, I ate three!  Was a challenge to find the salsa verde here in upstate NY, fellow Canadians might have the same issue.  I was shocked since in SD you have a row of green salsa options.  Worth every aisle searching minute though.  This recipe was from the Kelle Hampton blog that I follow.  Thank you!
Sending Love,
Twin A


Pork Carnitas
2 pork tenderloins (about 1 pound each)
1 jar of salsa verde (green salsa–any kind)
1 can Rotel tomatoes (diced tomatoes with chile's, for the Canadian-folk go ahead and just use diced tomatoes)
1 can chopped green chiles
1 onion, chopped in large pieces
Cover in crockpot and cook on low until pork easily forks apart (about 10 hours). Serve buffet-style with flour tortillas, cheese, cilantro, avocado, tomatoes, lettuce and sour cream.
Love these pictures!

These moments are why I am a Mommy!  xxoo